The Treasury Minister says she will not reinstate the co-funded payroll scheme while there are no public health restrictions in place.
The response comes after members of the events industry asked to speak to Treasury Minister Susie Pinel directly.
š¢š¢š¢#callmemaybe https://t.co/FiCPZXrtYA
— robertsonjames1986 (@roberts48136976) November 22, 2021
James Robertson, who runs The Event Shop, said many businesses have had events over Christmas cancelled because of rising Covid-19 case numbers, and the scheme should never have ended in the first place.
Following a request from Channel 103, Deputy Susie Pinel said:
“While having sympathy for the events sector, trading conditions are different now to where we were a year ago.
“Other support schemes, such as the Visitor Attractions and Events Scheme, and the Fixed Cost Support Scheme for the events sector, will continue to provide fixed cost support through to March 2022.
“As I said a few weeks ago, we will review our measures if public health restrictions return in the future, but we are not at that point at present.”
The payroll scheme expired at the end of last month. November is the final month for employers to make claims.
The following business schemes are continuing until March 2022:
- Visitor Accommodation Support Scheme
- Visitor Attraction and Events
- Fixed Costs Support Scheme (for businesses connected to events)
The Business Disruption Loan Guarantee Scheme has also been extended until the end of 2021.

Recovery Hub website offers free mental health courses
Jersey and Guernsey both lift trophies in Siam and Muratti weekend
Islanders encouraged to foster with new model of support
International blues musicians play Royal Square for free
Exhibition looks 'beyond the diagnosis' of dementia
Crew found with early effects of carbon monoxide poisoning
Channel Islands' 10 wealthiest residents revealed
Training and Q&A offered to highlight skin cancer risks