A second person has died in Jersey after contracting coronavirus while being treated.
The Health Minister says the person was in their 70s with 'significant underlying long-term health conditions' and had been under the care of Health and Community Services for some time.
Deputy Richard Renouf says their family have been informed and are being supported:
"It is devastating to lose a loved one and all of us in Health and Community Services are saddened by this loss. We would like to offer our condolences and will not be releasing any further details about this patient, to protect their confidentiality.
"We will continue to update Islanders on the numbers of people who have been tested for Covid-19, the number of people who have contracted the virus and any other relevant information as soon as this information is confirmed."
At the last count, issued at 4pm on Sunday 29 March, there were 63 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the island, while 101 test results we’re awaited.
668 tests have come back negative.
The first death of Covid-19 in Jersey occurred on Wednesday 25th March.

Cyclist suffers serious leg injuries in St Peter crash
'Arrive at work feeling more positive'
Profits rise at CI Co-op
Police Chief blasts 'unacceptable' levels of drink-driving
Trio of Laureates lined up for Jersey Festival of Words
Recovery Hub website offers free mental health courses
Jersey and Guernsey both lift trophies in Siam and Muratti weekend
Islanders encouraged to foster with new model of support
Comments
Add a comment